Thank you, https://unquietlyme.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
Here are my 10 questions and answers:
1. If there was a zombie apocalypse and you could only take one book with you as you frantically pack up and flee, what book would you pack in your survival kit?
Without sounding like a complete hopeless romantic, I’d probably take “Jane Eyre” by Charlotte Bronte. It would be a close call to “Wuthering Heights” by her sister Emily, but there’s more I find each time I read “Jane Eyre.” It’s like watching a movie for the second time and discovering things you miss. And if there’s a zombie apocalypse, I might have time to read it a few times over and over:)
2. You may have noticed the hashtag #weneeddiversebooks in various social media platforms. How would you define “diverse books”?
Diverse books, to me, means writing from another culture’s point of view. Letting the reader into the daily lives and struggles of a certain group. I totally agree, we do need more diversity.
3. Name a “diverse book” you’ve read this year.
All right, you caught me. I haven’t read any diverse books this year. I’ve been a little wrapped up in writing and I’ve failed to do much reading at all. Sadly, what I’ve read has been in the genre in which I’m writing.
4. Name a book you’ve read by a person of color.
These answers are making me feel more shallow as they continue! Obviously I need some diverse books in my own life. I’ve always wanted to read a book written by Maya Angelou. She is a woman of wisdom. I could learn a lot from her and her life.
5. What’s your favorite TV show?
The Closer. I love cop shows and I think this one is my favorite. Brenda Leigh is a woman I could be! She’s so smart, sure of herself, and good at what she does. I love her character. And all the other characters for that fact. It’s a great show and I never get tired of the reruns.
6. Which blog platform do you use and why?
WordPress. I use it because it’s the one my son uses and he assisted me in starting it:) Nothing more deeper than that! Sorry:)
7. Are you a cat or dog lover?
Dog. Although I’m not a natural; not one to coo over leashed poodles in pink tutus. I’m just certain that dogs keep their four paws on the ground and there’s not chance one is stalking in a tree or atop of a fridge waiting to pounce me. It’s happened before. Probably why I prefer dogs. Issues aside, I love all animals. Well except, snakes. They really spook me!
8. What’s the first line in the book you’re currently reading?
“Today is one of those days when I realize that staying friends with my ex-husband was a huge mistake.” By Kristan Higgins. Excellent book. Review post is pending:)
9. Do you ever buy books in hardcover?
Only architectural and designer books. Otherwise, it’s not comfortable holding a hardcover and reading in bed. I prefer soft, paperback!
10. Who is your most one-clicked author?
I don’t have one. Just like I don’t go to the same restaurant and always order the same meal. I love sampling around.
Bonus question: Chris Evans, Chris Pratt, Chris Pine, or Chris Hemsworth? Why, where, and how?
Chris Evans. It wasn’t easy, but I really dig the whole Captain America persona. And the short hair. I love his hair and look. It’s so my type. Where? New York City. He’d take me out to a noisy club on the Upper West side, order my favorite drink for me and we’d dance really, really close. His eyes would never leave mine and he’d lean in and whisper something in my ear that’d make me blush. (Is this answering the question? Did I go too far? Not far enough?)
My 10 questions:
- What would be your perfect day off from all responsibilities?
- How many books do you read in a year?
- If you could have dinner with a celebrity, who would it be and why?
- If you could start over in life would you pick another type of profession? Why?
- What makes a book satisfying to you?
- Do you love or hate to cook? What is your specialty or epic fail?
- If you could change one think about your appearance, what would it be? Why?
- If you saw your co-worker’s/friend’s spouse cheating, would you tell?
- Where in the world would you like to visit that you haven’t already?
- What is the one quality you find most attractive in a mate?
My 10 nominations:
- Elle @ Grace for Elle
- Rachel @ This is our Bliss
- Jennifer Bardsley
- Romance Bound
- Ames Grace
- the ferkel
- Laissez Faire